W.T. Melon

Official blog of Douglas Evans, children's book author

My Photo
Name:
Location: Classroom at the End of the Hall, California, United States

Author of numerous books for children, including The Elevator Family, MVP: Magellan Voyage Project, and the Classroom Creature Trilogy: Classroom at the End of the Hall, Math Rashes, and Mouth Moths.

Monday, July 29, 2013

New Song-- I'm Leaving Grade 3 For the Sea


New song: I'm Leaving Grade 3 For the Sea

Leaving Grade 3 For the Sea
C                      F                                  G
Oh, take me along on a sailing ship,
C                                       G                  F 
And I’ll make some tales of the sea.
C                           F                                G 
I’ll trade this desk for a quarterdeck,
C                                        G                                  
When I leave grade three for the sea, boys.
C                                        G                     C
When I leave grade three for the sea.
Chorus:
C                                                                            
So good-bye forever until we meet again.
C                                                   G
I’ll never leave here until I part.
C                                                                                           
So long fair teacher and my faithful classmates.
C                     F                     G   
I can’t get going until I start.
C                                                              
There’ll be no more school for me.
C                                                          G
There’ll be no more school for me.
C                                                      G             
I’ve had enough of this classroom stuff,
C                                                 G                                  
Cause I’m leaving grade three for the sea, boys.
C                                     G                   C  
I’m leaving grade three for the sea.
C                                                                         
Chorus
I’ll read the breeze, chart my ABC’s.
Count the stars in the galaxy.
Many schools of fish are my only wish.
When I leave grade three for the sea , boys.
When I leave grade three for the sea.
Chorus
I’ll sing sea shanties, paint the seven seas.
Climb the mainmast for PE.
They’ll be more white boards when I’m on board,
When I leave grade three for the sea, boys,
When I leave grade three for the sea.
Chorus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home