W.T. Melon

Official blog of Douglas Evans, children's book author

My Photo
Name:
Location: Classroom at the End of the Hall, California, United States

Author of numerous books for children, including The Elevator Family, MVP: Magellan Voyage Project, and the Classroom Creature Trilogy: Classroom at the End of the Hall, Math Rashes, and Mouth Moths.

Sunday, February 02, 2014

Fire Drill--new song!


 Listen to Fire Drill
Fire Drill

When was our playground ever so quiet?
When was our playground not a chaotic riot?
When did the playground give me such a thrill?
When we stood very still for our monthly school fire drill.

I heard a breeze strum on the tetherball strings.
I heard the wind whistling through all the swings.
I heard the monkey bars make a toot and a trill,
When we stood very still for our monthly school fire drill.

Bridge:
What wonderful wonders on the school ground I found,
I saw unknown sights, and I heard every sound.
My teacher was silent and my classmates were fine,
When we stood in that fire drill line.

I felt the sunshine bounce off of my nose.
I smelled the tacos from the lunchroom windows.
Who knows the splendors you might miss until,
The whole school stands still,
And I hope that yours will,
At your monthly school fire drill.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home