W.T. Melon

Official blog of Douglas Evans, children's book author

My Photo
Name:
Location: Classroom at the End of the Hall, California, United States

Author of numerous books for children, including The Elevator Family, MVP: Magellan Voyage Project, and the Classroom Creature Trilogy: Classroom at the End of the Hall, Math Rashes, and Mouth Moths.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Teachers comments about MVP: Magellan Voyage Project


“I use it in conjunction with the world geography unit I teach to my fifth graders.  They love it.”

“Students end up learning a lot about continents, oceans, countries, mean of transportation, and time zones.  Plus, it’s a great story.”

“After my fifth grade read MVP: Magellan Project, my students made bucket lists about places they wanted to visit.  This book sparked a lot of interest about traveling.”

“The MVP: Magellan Voyage Project multi-subject study guide that Douglas Evans supplies is very helpful and free.”

“MVP: Magellan Voyage Project was the most popular book by far that my sixth graders read last year.  Hope for a sequel and a movie!”

“Adam Story, a twelve year old boy, tries to travel around the world solo in forty days.  There’s been no book like this since Jules Verne.” 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home